Encouraging Georgia citizens to complete their college degrees by making college transfer information more transparent and easier to access.
To achieve this, we will work towards the following goals:
Work with Georgia’s colleges and education agencies to develop tools for Georgia citizens that make college credit transfer information transparent and easy to access. To this end, GATRACS has developed the College Credit Transfer tool, the Exam to College Course tool and the Dual Enrollment Course Request process. Currently, we are adding a degree audit to the college credit transfer tool. Future efforts include tools for military credit and adult and prior learning credit.
Foster and facilitate collaboration between Georgia’s colleges and education agencies. We will
- Develop a Transfer Articulation Committee made up of college personnel who will work together to implement business practices amongst all Georgia colleges and university regarding the development standards for course credit across general education courses and other course agreements
- Facilitate face-to-face and online meetings and chat sessions and provide a repository for meeting notes
- Facilitate an annual Georgia Transfer Student Success Workshop to bring transfer professionals together to hear presentations and collaborate Meet with outside entities such as GACRAO, NISTS and the Georgia Counselors Association, to raise awareness of the services and information we provide for to help Georgia citizens use their college credit and plan to complete their degrees
- Continue improvement of on-line training and improving documentation and its accessibility for all the system tools used by GATRACS
- Continue working on business process and security documentation for user access requests to systems
Communicate GATRACS’ efforts to colleges and education agencies to foster understanding of GATRACS tools and goals and the role colleges play in the success of GATRACS. Communication efforts will include a website, social media, targeted emails campaigns, presentations and information tables at conferences and college events, and training opportunities.
Develop resources for colleges and educational agencies, to include repositories for articulation agreements and course catalogs for colleges to share. We will also develop media kits with marketing materials about GATRACS for college personnel to print or use on websites and social media to raise awareness of GATRACS among students and college personnel.